The Information Technology Division (ITD) is the IT arm of the laboratory. The overarching goal of ITD is to deploy and support excellent and innovative cost-effective computing solutions and services that support Fermilab’s mission. As such, the primary goals of ITD are to:
- Keep current operations running smoothly
- Provide the network infrastructure and services for scientific programs and the laboratory
- Sustain and improve core IT services used by scientific computing and the laboratory
- Modernize Fermilab’s information systems and services and work to improve business processes
- Provide overarching governance and support for Computing including IT policy, cybersecurity, project and portfolio management, enterprise architecture, service management and administrative support.
The Computational Science and AI Directorate (CSAID) provides software solutions and deploys and operates scientific computing facilities in support of the Fermilab program.
- Its staff works closely with the other laboratory organizations to deliver world-class computing services, operations and software engineering support to Fermilab-based experiments, CMS and the high-energy physics community at large.
- It interacts with the experimental community to determine capacity, availability and capability requirements and to procure resources as necessary.
- It engages in R&D activities required to maintain or advance capabilities necessary for the success of Fermilab’s future physics program.
Acting Chief Information Officer and Director of Information Technology Division
Associate Lab Director, Computational Science and AI Directorate