Big Data analysis of data transfers in multi-petabyte distributed storage system
The intern will work with storage developers and operators to create a system to analyze data transfers using Apache Spark, Python 3, and Jupyter Notebook.] Read more
- Experience with Python is required.
- Experience in a UNIX/Linux environment is desired.
- Experience with shell scripting languages is desired.
- Experience with SQL is desired.
- Prior experience with Big Data analysis technology is beneficial, but not required.
- Master’s student (year 1 or year 2) in Computer Science
Enhanced I/O systems for particle physics experiments
The intern will work with offline production and data management personnel to design and build enhanced I/O services for use by experiments within jobs. Read more
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python) desired
- Experience within a Linux environment highly desired
- Experience with a distributed computing environment desirable, but not required
HEP Data Science at Exascale
The intern will work with the experiments to produce datasets from CMS and DUNE for this challenge, and with Fermilab and university researchers to introduce compiler optimization techniques into the physics analysis tool design. Read more
- Understanding of and interest in fundamentals of automata theory, or formal languages, or compilers and compiler optimization techniques
- Familiarity with Python programming
- Experience with MPI
- Experience with using a revision control system, especially git
- Experience with numpy and pandas is beneficial, but not necessary
Please check the FCSI program page for additional information about the internship and how to apply.