Fermi Time and Labor System (FTL) Tips
The Computing Division is going live on the Fermi Time and Labor System (FTL) on June 1st. Here's what you need to know:
All employees who have been submitting their timesheets monthly should now complete and submit their timecards (including leave and effort) before they leave on Friday. The first timecard will be submitted Friday, June 5.
If you need to record time worked over the weekend, you can modify the timecard on Monday morning (or remotely using VPN.) In either case, your timecard needs to be submitted for approval by 10:00 AM each Monday morning.
2) Employees who submit their paper timesheets weekly
3) Fermilab Time and Labor web site
Please visit http://www.fnal.gov/pub/ftl/index.html for more information about FTL at Fermilab. There is a "Question and Answer" section there.
1) Only enter activities.
2) Choose the correct week.
Be very careful that you choose the correct week when you are reporting your time and effort; check that the dates are correct before you submit your card, especially the first week we use the system.
3) Two clicks are required to submit.
Make sure you actually submit your card by going through the two step process of first clicking "continue to review" on the main timecard screen, and then clicking "confirm" on the review screen. (Do not spend time trying to find the "submit" button, there is none).
4) Use the flashlight icon.
5) % is the wildcard character for activity searching.
For example, to search for an activity with the word "security" in the activity title, type:
If you need more assistance:
1) Please DO NOT ask the administrative staff for help, except in extreme emergencies when you have no other alternative.
2) The training material is available at http://bss-support.fnal.gov/cbts.
3) If you are stuck, ask one of your colleagues or your supervisor; we are all figuring this out together.
4) Interesting and challenging puzzles should be referred to the mailing list CD_FTL_TRAINING@listserv.fnal.gov.
5) Technical problems, such as the web link not working or needing your password reset, should be referred to the Service Desk.