Fermi Linux Logo Contest
Everything below this line is just left in for historical reasons
This time around, we're going to let the Fermi Linux community design
the logo. So you, yes you, have a chance at fame and fortune by designing the
next Fermi Linux Logo. How much fame? We don't really know, but
certainly at least a bit more than you currently have. How much fortune?
A $30 Think Geek Certificate, a stack of Writeable CD's, and a USB Thumb drive.
How To Submit your logo.
Send your logo submission via email to email@example.com
Submissions should be in the Portable Networks Graphics (png) format.
The size of submissions shouldn't be more than 1600 x 1200 pixels. The current Fermi Tux, original size, is 327x360.
Submissions must be in by June 16, 2004.
The winner will be announced at the June Unix Users Meeting.
Rules For Logo
1. If the Fermi Logo is included in the Fermi Linux Logo, it must abide by the Fermi Logo guidelines found at
2. No Red Hat's, or anything implying RedHat Linux should be used.
3. No trademarked, or copyrighted images should be used. The
spirit of this rule implies that trademarked and/or copyrighted images
should not be modified to create the Fermi Linux Logo.
4. The winning submission will become the property of Fermilab.
Suggestions for a good Logo
Logo's should be scaleable. If you find that your logo doesn't
scale well, please submit it with various sizes. For the smaller sizes,
it should be at most 48 pixels, either width or height. For the larger sizes, it should be
at least 300 pixels, either width or height.
Questions and answers
- Q: Who will be on the judging committee?
A: Mark Kaletka, Fred Ullrich, and Elizabeth Clements.
- Q: Can I use the official Linux Penguin? And if so, can I modify it?
A: Yes. From the original web page at
"Permission to use and/or modify this image is granted provided you acknowledge me
firstname.lastname@example.org and The GIMP if someone asks"
If you have further questions, please contact Troy Dawson <email@example.com>