Computing actively participates in the Fermilab Laboratory Directed Research and Development (LDRD) program. LDRD is a national program sponsored by the Department of Energy that allows national laboratories to internally fund R&D projects that are novel and explorative of new ideas or concepts.
- Implement open source HEP NoSQL database
- Preparing HEP reconstruction and analysis software for exascale era computing
- Silicon precision timing detectors for minimum ionizing particles
- Increasing the photon detector light efficiency in a liquid argon detector by an order of magnitude
- Modeling physical systems with deep learning algorithms